Today is Yom Ha Shoah: Holocaust Remembrance Day. As the granddaughter of Holocaust survivors, and great-granddaughter of great-grandparents slaughtered, today is a day of great pain for me and my family.
That being said, it is also a day where I feel grateful and strong. Grateful not just for the survivors who rebuilt a nation out of darkness, but also grateful to the numberless Gentiles who risked their lives to protect Jews during the war.
My people are stronger than world-wide, history-spanning fear, jealousy, and hatred. We say Never Forget and Never Again to ensure that history does not repeat itself. Masada will not fall again.
On behalf of my family and all of the House if Israel, don’t ever let anyone make you feel ashamed of who you are. Stand and be proud.
- femalebodiedguy reblogged this from americangothgirl
- tmonsters likes this
- pequena-vera likes this
- cockyvonmurderous reblogged this from welcome-foolishmortals
- cockyvonmurderous likes this
- graceonpaper reblogged this from grotesquery
- grotesquery reblogged this from welcome-foolishmortals
- pricillamadonna reblogged this from welcome-foolishmortals
- moonliteyes-asirenscry reblogged this from welcome-foolishmortals
- excrypta likes this
- isometimesironmyshirts likes this
- protoplasmicinhale likes this
- sconesandearlgreytea reblogged this from americangothgirl
- therediris likes this
- welcome-foolishmortals reblogged this from americangothgirl
- bookobsessedgoth likes this
- americangothgirl posted this